Topic: IrrB3D new version tonight

just a heads up...  i should have the new version of IrrB3D (now Irrlicht.B3D) sometime this evening.  its already converted, but the new version has some incomplete delta timing code.  im not sure whether to keep that in or pull it.  anyways, should be up in the next 3 hours or so.

Re: IrrB3D new version tonight

IrrB3D has been reborn.  you can get the link in the announcements forum under the Irrlicht mod release topic.

Yay!
Never mind my working with straight gg.irrBMax then!

Thanks, this module is great.

IrrB3D ?

wat is it ?

P5E Q6600@2,6Ghz, 4go corsair, 2*150go velociraptor, Radeon3850, 24" samsung LCD.
BMAX 1.30 + Irrlicht wrapper 1.4.2

Irrlicht.B3D is a work-in-progress companion mod to Irrlicht.Core that attempts to provide a B3D style interface for Irrlicht.  you can download it from the downloads area to give it a whirl.  im about to rewrite it, this time with comments since docmods now comments included files and i have conceptually figured out more of the functions i was missing.

Cool ! great job smile

just a quick status update.  things are progressing nicely with the B3D mod revisions and documentation.  documenting the functions really seems to make it more "real" somehow.  its also a little amazing just how much functionality it has. 

some quick notes...  i finally fixed the camera roll issue where it didnt seem to be recognizing the Y rotation.  also got EntityInView() implemented.

cruisin smile

Ah ah,

Ok, so the aim is to provide a B3d style interface. Which is a good thing.
However.... Simons MiniB3D interface is a better one. (I dont mean better than yours, I mean better than B3D),
That is the way he has organised the types so that for example any command that has the first parameter as an entity can be called as a method/Function of that entity

i.e
MoveEnity (AnEntity,x#,y#,z#) can now be expressed as AnEntity.Move(X#,y#,Z#)

An arbitary differance one might think, but an improvement nonthe less. So...... (Well you know)

greetings smile

correct and iB3D is the same way.  it has underlying types with the all the actual code.  the functions are essentially just wrappers to the type methods.  i am currently just documenting the functions and then will move on to the types.  it also has a factory system setup so that you can substitute your own extended types for each type iB3D creates, similar to how i did the 3Impact mod.

probably the coolest feature of iB3D are the functions made available that native Irrlicht doesnt have... like the move/turn functions and an easy to use input system.  the camera is definately an improvement over the base Irrlicht camera as well.  some pretty exciting stuff in here and getting better every day.

in the end im sure there will be features that i just cant figure out or do, but there will also be cool new functions/types for things like shaders and all the special entities Irrlicht has natively.  hopefully the end result will be making Irrlicht easier to use for folks familiar with B3D proper.  theres truly something to be said for the ease of use of B3D proper.  BRL really did a magnificent job.

and i forgot to mention the best things of all...  learning and a sense of accomplishment.  it just feels good smile