Topic: problem mouse in exemples

I am loving your irrlicht wrapper. But on all exemple I get a "Unhandled Exception:Unhandled Memory Exception Error". The error is in device.getCursorControl().setVisible(False). If I comment it, everything works fine, but the mouse appers on screen.
Great lib,
Thanks

Re: problem mouse in exemples

3 (edited by ksalomao 2007-04-05 14:37:55)

Thanks gman,
The strange thing is that the Irrlich (1.2) compiled exemples does not have the same error from the bmax wrapper. they work fine with mouse not visible.
I have another doubt: Is the D3DX81ab.dll necessary even when using OpenGL?
thanks for your fast response.

the only other difference would be the GCC compile vs the VS compile which stock Irrlicht runs.  as for the D3DX8 DLL...  its not necessary if you use the GCC only build of Irrlicht.  also, Irrlicht can be compiled to be DX9 only which would also not require it.

6 (edited by ksalomao 2007-04-06 12:11:29)

Hi, Only tomorrow I will be on my normal computer.
But right now, I ran your test.exe on an old Geforce 4 (celeron 1.7, 384mb) and it worked great! (Dx 9 & 8 = +/- 400 fps ; OpenGl =21 fps because GeForce4 does not suport OGL multitexture...).
I also compiled and ran the exemples here (with DX9, 8 and OGL) and I received no error, they worked fine (except for OGL poor GF4 support). So the device.getCursorControl().setVisible(False)  worked.
Tomorrow, I will test on another computer ( Radeon 9600) and post the results.

The first computer I tested in a notebook with ATI integrated 200m (DX 9c and OGl 2.0 capable). I tested the exemples with DX9,8 and OGL; all gave the same error with device.getCursorControl().setVisible(False). But the compiled exemples I download from Irrlicht site (v 1.2) worked fine; the problem was when I compiled with BMax. I tried to use hidemouse but it did not work.
ps.: Another doubt: I was testing IB3D. Very impressive. As it has no sprite commands, so i guess I should use Irrlicht billboard. I think I solved this doubt.
thank you

7 (edited by ksalomao 2007-04-07 13:58:56)

Hi, I ran your test on my computer (note ATI 200m) and it worked. (DX 9,8 =+/-210 fps  ; OGL=150 fps)
I also tested the exemples on two others machines (ATI Radeon 9600 and Intel GMA 950), I received the same device.getCursorControl().setVisible(False) error (both DX and OGL). With mouse visible they worked fine.
Well, The version 1.3 worked!

*EDIT* gman, I have to correct myself. I don´t know what is wrong, but the problem with mouse visible only happens when I compile on my notebook. I tested the exemples compiled in the note with another computer (the one with GeForce4, in which I encontered no problems) and I got error. I don´t know what could be wrong. I will test more. Maybe it is because I did rebuild the module in the note. I will try just to copy the mod without rebuilding.

thanks

Hi gman, sorry for the trouble. But the problem happens when I rebuild the module. Don´t know what happened. I use Bmax 1.24 and minGw 3.1.

Problem solved in your wrapper new version (1.3). Thanks very much!!!

great news smile  and you are very welcome!