Topic: Shadowing

Hi

im new here...and this is really a fantatic wrapper...
but i got a question, when i´m using shadows, is there a posibillity, that a object which casts a shadow, does not recieve it? because i think the self-shadowing on animated objects looks very weird and i want to disable it.

greetz
lui

Re: Shadowing

Thank you...i´ll see, whats in the forum

i got a second question, i downloaded the addons.mod an tried to use it, but all three examples aren´t working
in two examples (cloud and grassnode) comes the message(Unhandled Exception:Unhandle Memory Exception Error) at the code line: smgr.drawAll()
In the zissler example comes the same message at line:  Local sNode:ISceneNode = ..

i am using bmax V. 1.26 an the addons.mod folder is in the irrlicht.mod folder...does anyone have an idea, whats wrong?

No you can't have this kind of low level access, I've tried and there are no functions to do this, it's quite limited, I have even seen my code running on other machines, i.e. with better graphics cards with anti-aliasing on the shadows!!  So I think Irrlicht detects graphics card capabilities and sets the shadow params accordingly, which is very poor.