Topic: adding extra functions to your framework

Hi gman, I need to create a few extra functions for your ib3d framework but upon building the module I get this error

Compiling:blitz_app.c
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Programs/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_app.c
Process complete

Any idea what that means?
Thanks.

Re: adding extra functions to your framework

greetings slaine smile  very exciting about the extra functions.  what are they?  as for the issue, it looks like MingW is either not installed or is not in your environment path.  when you selected build modules it tried to compile the BRL mods as well.  instead of build modules, i use a BAT file that will compile just the irrlicht mod from the command line.

3 (edited by Slaine 2007-11-04 06:24:53)

Re: adding extra functions to your framework

Okay thanks gman I'll give that a go, the member functions aren't very exciting just a few extra ones:

Method getTriangleVertex:Int(triangle_index:Int,corner:Short)
        If Not _mbuf Or Not _mbuf.isValid() Then RuntimeError "Surface meshbuffer is invalid"
           Return _mbuf.getIndices().ElementAt((triangle_index * 3) + corner)[0]
    EndMethod

Method getTriangleCount:Int()
        If Not _mbuf Or Not _mbuf.isValid() Then RuntimeError "Surface meshbuffer is invalid"
        Return _mbuf.getIndexCount()/3
    EndMethod    

Function ib3d_TriangleVertex:Int(surf:SURFACE,triangle_index:Int,corner:Short)
    If Not surf Then RuntimeError "Surface does not exist"
    Return surf.getTriangleVertex(triangle_index,corner)
EndFunction

Function ib3d_CountTriangles:Int(surf:SURFACE)
    If Not surf Then RuntimeError "Surface does not exist"
    Return surf.getTriangleCount()
EndFunction

I will submit some more methods soon because I will be adding some functions to deal with Agiea PhysX.