1 (edited by Vandago 2007-11-08 09:30:46)

Topic: Problems setting up 3impact

Hi, after following the instructions perfectly from the bmx dist. package I attempted to run a demo included.

I keep getting this error:
The application failed to initalize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application.

I then uninstalled everything and redid the 3impacctFull install and the bmx wrapper install again.

Same results. Any tips on what might be happening here? thanks.

The debug log reads this -

Building BallGame
Compiling:BallGame.bmx
flat assembler  version 1.66
3 passes, 19305 bytes.
Linking:BallGame.debug.exe
Executing:BallGame.debug.exe

Seems to throw the error at this command in bmx -

Framework _3Impact.Lib

Re: Problems setting up 3impact

Okay got the demo codes to work if i run them under 3impactWork directory.

Heres what I dont get, i loaded a very simple framework sample:

SuperStrict
Framework _3Impact.Lib

If Not i3ImpactOpen() RuntimeError "Unable to initialize the 3Impact game engine"
If Not i3ImpactSettings(_ISETTINGS(1024,768,32,False,True)) RuntimeError "3Impact settings failed"

Local myEngine:bmx_3IEngine=New bmx_3IEngine

' begin 3Impact processing
myEngine.Start()

Type bmx_3IEngine Extends _3IEngine 
' called to initialize game variables, load resources, etc
Method _Init()
EndMethod

' the main game loop
Method _Run()
EndMethod

' called when the application exits in order to clean up
Method _Exit()
EndMethod 
EndType

Which calls for no media but yet it has to be in the _3impactWork directory to run.

Also odd,
If Not i3ImpactSettings(_ISETTINGS(1024,768,32,False,True)) RuntimeError "3Impact settings failed"

seems  to have no barring on the screen res, not matter what i set this to I get a 640x480 box.

Please help, ty

greetings smile  my apologies on the delay.

Which calls for no media but yet it has to be in the _3impactWork directory to run.

it needs the DLLs: dll3impact.dll and dll3impactd.dll to be in either your EXEs folder or your windows path somewhere.  usually copying them into c:\windows\system32 (where c:\windows is your windows directory) will get them found.  i would copy them into there and give it another whirl.

seems  to have no barring on the screen res, not matter what i set this to I get a 640x480 box.

thanks for the heads up.  i took an initial look and all seems to be fine with the code.  i will need to dig deeper on this one.

I get this also. I never thought to say anything as I've always been running things in fullscreen but after just checking again it does appear that no matter what res you set it only seems to be creating a 640x480 window in windowed mode.

I get this also. I never thought to say anything as I've always been running things in fullscreen but after just checking again it does appear that no matter what res you set it only seems to be creating a 640x480 window in windowed mode.

it appears from the documentation that the W/H parameters of ISETTINGS are only respected in fullscreen mode.  other than creating a custom window i dont see a way to control initial resolution.

BOOL i3ImpactSettings(ISETTINGS*)
   Display startup configuration dialog.
   Return FALSE if the dialog was canceled by the user, TRUE otherwise.
   ISETTINGS* = pointer to a data structure defining default display settings.
                If this parameter is null, pre-defined default settings are used.
                Structure data members are as follows:
                DWORD dwAdapter = undefined behavior. Use zero.
                DWORD dwDevice = undefined behavior. Use zero.
                DWORD dwMode = display mode. For example, use 1024*768*32 to set
                               a 1024 x 768 pixels display mode. Note that this
                               setting is only used when bFullScreen is TRUE.

DWORD MultiSampleType = undefined behavior. Use zero.
                BOOL bFullScreen = whether to set fullscreen mode (TRUE) or not (FALSE).
                BOOL bDoNotShow = whether to display the startup dialog (TRUE) or not (FALSE).
                                  If FALSE, the specified display settings are applied without
                                  allowing the user to change them.