Topic: Mac - help with firmware upgrade

i hate to ask this, but heres my plight. i need to upgrade the firmware on my new/used Mac. it came with 10.0.2 installed (of which i upgraded to 10.0.4) and no disks. i purchased official OS 10.3 to install on it, but 10.3 wont install until i upgrade the firmware. i cant upgrade the firmware though, unless i have classic installed. since i dont have classic installed and i dont have the original 10.0 disks, then i cant install the firmware. so... im in a bind unless i want to fork up $35 for OS9 and more time waiting. i have read though, that if i copy an OS9 system folder to the Mac HD, then i can run the firmware update. so... would someone be willing to "lend" me an OS9 system folder that i can copy onto my Mac so that i can update the firmware? or, does any knowledable Mac user out there know a better answer for me?

thank you.

Re: Mac - help with firmware upgrade

i gave in and have Mac OS9 on the way.  estimated delivery is monday so this project is on hold until then.

when you have enough friends...  i finally went through my list of local friends far enough to find a guy with a Mac OS9 install and he just dropped it off (im stuck at work today).  wooohooo!   should be able to finally install the firmware upgrade and if i dont destory my iMac in the process i should finally be able to install 10.3 and give this girl a whirl!

firmware updated!  installing 10.3 now...

Go, gman, go! smile

almost there.  the Irrlicht mods are actually compiled and ready to go, but i cant seem to find where to put the libIrrlicht.a on the Mac.  the lib folder under BlitzMax doesnt seem to work as the linker doesnt find it there.  any thoughts?  (see my post on the BMAX forums for more details).