Topic: changing dll name and functions?

hi gman, is it possible to change the dll name ?

other question, is it possible to rewrite the 3impact functions to the easy blitz typical functions like turnentity() or moveentity etc.. ?

thx for this great thing!

if you want to see my 3impact/bmax f-zero game project, you can download it here

http://www.deathcommando.de/include.php … ;themeid=0

Re: changing dll name and functions?

greetings satch smile

satch wrote:

is it possible to change the dll name ?

there would be two issues.  first, in order for a changed DLL name to work the .a files would need to be rebuilt for the new DLL.  once you get the new .a then you would need to recompile the mod to work with the new .a file.  once that happens then i think you would be ok.  second, im not sure the licensing of 3Impact allows you to do such a thing, so if you wish to persue this then i would definately as about it on their forums.  if you simply dont want people to see the DLL, then i would look at a EXE packager such as MoleBox Pro (i use this one).  this allows you to build any number of files into the EXE so all you have to do is distribute the EXE.  when run, the EXE automatically expands any of the files temporarily and cleans up after its done.

satch wrote:

other question, is it possible to rewrite the 3impact functions to the easy blitz typical functions like turnentity() or moveentity etc.. ?

it would be possible to to add more functionality this way yes and i do know that people have tried it.  the problem is that unlike B3D, each different type in 3Impact has its own turning functions.  the 3Impact mod is written so that all items have a base type.  this would allow you to pass them all into the same function, but inside that function you would still need to determine what type it is and call the appropriate 3Impact function.  you may have some luck asking if anyone has accomplished this on the 3Impact or BlitzMax forums.  not sure if they would be willing to share but its worth a shot!

satch wrote:

thx for this great thing!

you are very welcome smile

satch wrote:

if you want to see my 3impact/bmax f-zero game project, you can download it here
http://www.deathcommando.de/include.php … ;themeid=0

seeing things done with the mods i have written are the greatest reward smile  is there a way to download without registering?  i have no probs registering just thought id ask first.

sure smile
http://www.deathcommando.de/filebase2/xrace/release.rar
not much, but im working on it smile

and i really have to say: all thumbs up to you, you are doing really great work and im really  looking forward to your next work/project..
its great, that there are people like you.. without those people, a community like bmax/b3d/3impact/irrlicht or game development in general would loose its basement and wouldn't be so great as it is.. keep up this way! i guess many many users are really thankful to you guys..

would you support 3impact/bmax user forums ? cause the 3impact forum isn't really a point to ask bmax questions..
cause im missing a 3impact bmax forum.. sad

i will try to visit this forums daily now.. cause  i like this board and your work!

sincerely..

satch wrote:

not much, but im working on it smile

finally got around to taking a peek smile  very good so far!

satch wrote:

and i really have to say: all thumbs up to you, you are doing really great work and im really  looking forward to your next work/project..

thx smile  its much appreciated.

satch wrote:

would you support 3impact/bmax user forums ? cause the 3impact forum isn't really a point to ask bmax questions..

the way the 3Impact mod is structured you should be able to talk freely on the 3Impact forums so i would recommend trying there first for any 3Impact specific questions.  for each 3Impact function there is a corrosponding function of the same name and same parameters in the mod.  the same techniques that you will get in response should be pretty easily applied to your code as well.  if you have problems with the mods and the BMAX language itself, then here would be the best place.