Re: MacOS soon!

Thanks for the update.  I think it should be weighing in at well over 800k, so it can't be building the whole project - I'd look there for the problem first, rather than trying to track down that particular function call. Btw: zipped my libMacOSX.a was 4.33 mb, so your definitely not building it all into there.  Try asking on apple's developer help forums.

Any progress?

not yet but i have not forgotten or given up.  i worked some side projects on contract and made enough to get me a new mac mini off ebay for around $400US.  this will allow me to build using OSX10.4 so hopefully i can get it all worked out then.  contract $$$ arent due till early may so i would look to late may/early june unless someone with Xcode 1.5 miraculously manages to get me a working Irrlicht project.  too bad really cause i spent close to $200 getting the iMac up and running not to mention the countless hours trying to get it to work.  oh well smile  comes with the territory.

how's it going? smile

the imac mini is on the way.  i did decide to go with the intel version so i hope i didnt make a mistake hmm

We got one of those at work and dual booted it with Windows, works great!

thats what im planning on doing.  actually im going for a triple boot that was passed on by one of my linux savy friends.  im going to elimnate one of my windows machines here at home hopefully and gain a mac and linux machine that i can with the Irrlicht mods on.

thats awesome, how's it going?

hmmmm.  where do i start.  ironic that you posted yesterday as i just received my mini yesterday smile  it just happens to be a pretty good time for it to arrive as the windows box that its replacing is idle until monday so i have a few days to get the dual boot working.  obviously the first thing i tried though was Irrlicht smile  so heres the scoop:

i installed xcode off my mini CD and then did the OS update to 10.4.6.  i downloaded Irrlicht v1.0 and tried to compile the xcode project.  this resulted in a few hundred errors all of which were related to OpenGL.  the framework was included in the project so im not sure whats up.  i did some searching online and found that instead of including like <GL/gl.h>, to include like <OpenGL/gl.h> in xcode.  so i started that and ended up with 3000+ errors.  yay sad  i was extremely disappointed since reports about the v0.14 build were that it built right out of the box.  i was so disgruntled i went on to Boot Camp and installing XP. 

XP installed but unfortunately i didnt have the required "SP2 included" version.  i thought i wouldnt need it since i had the SP2 seperate download, but apparently SP2 will not install because it incorrectly detects the remaining HD space and thinks there is not enough room to back up the install.  this really ticked me off because SP1 allowed you to skip the backup whereas SP2 does not.  anyways, i didnt get XP up and running either.  needless to say at this point i was _not_ having a good night.

so as i was stewing on my sofa, i thought...  gee.  the Irrlicht v0.14 for mac is probably still available for download.  so right before bed i downloaded and compiled.  worked right out of the box.  so there is hope, i just need more time to work on it.  hopefully i can do a comparison of the two projects as well and figure out why the v1.0 doesnt build.

this morning, i remembered my MSDN subscription i could download an XP ISO with SP2 included.  so hopefully tonight i can reinstall and get that working.  things are a little brighter smile

so, i guess if anyone wants to take a crack at compiling v1.0 and filling me in on how to fix it, i would be much appreciative smile

I'm not sure what v1.0 you mean?  I can take a crack at compiling whatever it is though - I had no problems compiling Irrlicht0.14

I don't know what would be causing that problem, except that maybe it only has the latest gcc?  Look in the apple support downloads perhaps for earlier stuff.  Will try the 1.0 irrlicht in the future - but it might be that we just have to wait for a working version.

w00t y3t?

nothing as of yet, but i did confirm several questions.

i confirmed through BRL that gcc4 is not yet support as i suspected.  i found a legacy install for xcode but it did not install gcc3.3.  i confirmed via niko @Irrlicht that v1.0 release was not yet formatted for Mac. 

still in progress i guess smile

Ressurect!

greetings whogben smile  it was reported by BRL that BMAX wont link in a GCC 4.0 compiled lib (or so they thought) which would explain the linker errors i was getting.  i dont know if thats the actual case though.  im wondering now if MacOSX has a loadlibrary type function and if so, i might be able to load it at runtime.