Topic: NODE = smgr.Loadscene("media/example.irr") dont't work

wat's problem ?

P5E Q6600@2,6Ghz, 4go corsair, 2*150go velociraptor, Radeon3850, 24" samsung LCD.
BMAX 1.30 + Irrlicht wrapper 1.4.2

Re: NODE = smgr.Loadscene("media/example.irr") dont't work

greetings Kali smile  this one falls under the differences in languages.  while the vast majority of the Irrlicht mod is a one-to-one mapping with method names from the original API, unfortunately BlitzMax doesnt have overloaded methods.  the original LoadFile() in the API has two versions.  one for loading from a filepath and one for loading from an instance of IReadFile.  in the Irrlicht mod, these two methods have become LoadSceneFromFile() and LoadSceneFromFileIO().  IO is the version that takes the IReadFile and LoadSceneFromFile() is the version you are looking for.  try that and let me know how it goes smile

hello Gman.
First, thanks for the best wrapper everywer
second, excuse my poor english, i'm French !

Gman, the fonction   "smgr.Loadscene"  must load an .irr file (new files type exported by the irredit application)

Thanks.

P5E Q6600@2,6Ghz, 4go corsair, 2*150go velociraptor, Radeon3850, 24" samsung LCD.

no problem.  we will get the communication down and thank you smile  the wrapper uses LoadSceneFromFile() instead of LoadScene().  so change your code to:

smgr.LoadSceneFromFile("media/example.irr")

be sure to change your path appropriately.

5 (edited by Kali 2006-10-01 11:37:18)

ok, that work !

you don't use node=

!

the function returns a bool not a node.  if you need to check if the scene loaded properly then you check the return value of LoadSceneFromFile().

Great !

thanks gman