Topic: Problem with building the mod (1.3)

Re: Problem with building the mod (1.3)

hi porcus.  i will get the linux binaries built for the latest this evening and release them for you.

Thank you very much!

Now I tried it, but the Output is always the same.
Why ?
Could someone give me the whole mod please, because I have no idea how to correct this?

im downloading your mod now and will try it out when i get off work. 

looks like you do have the correct libIrrlichtLin.a file in there but the file sizes on the .a and .i files from BMAX appear to be not from the distribution i provided a few posts up.  please redownload the BMAX binaries distribution and make sure you took the .a and .i files from the core directory and put them in your own core.

also, what version of BMAX are you on?  have you syncmods lately?

I'm using the newest BlitzMax version (1.24) and I did syncmods for maybe 2 weeks.

unfortunately everything worked fine from your download.  i started doing some searching on the error you are having "defined in discarded section".  it seems to be related to GCC somehow.  im not quite sure how to resolve it but it may start with rebuilding the libIrrlicht.a on your specific machine.  i would download the stock Irrlicht distribution and run make from the source directory.  in the lib\linux folder you will see the newly created libIrrlicht.a.  rename it to libIrrlichtLin.a and put it in the core.mod folder.  lets see what happens.

what GCC version are you running?  did you upgrade GCC lately?  looks like you are running knoppix.  what version?

No, I didn't upgrade GCC lately.
I tried  it on Knoppix 5.0 and Suse 10.0 .

hi porcus.  have you tried recompiling the Irrlicht library using the make command yet?

Now I have tried to recompile the Irrlicht library and there comes a few warnings,
but anyhow it worx now! (it ryhmes, :-) )
Thanks!

very good news!  the references i found online to other libraries with this problem all pointed to recompiling on the machine with the issues.   excellent that it worked!